Gas Safety Week is a national safety campaign to raise awareness of gas safety in the UK. Taking place from the 18th - 24th September 2017.
• Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it, or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
• Gas Safe Register found almost 5 million people across the UK are putting themselves at risk by employing illegal gas fitters who aren’t properly qualified. 65% of all gas jobs carried out by illegal fitters were unsafe, with 1 in 5 so dangerous they had to be disconnected immediately. (2017 research)
• 3 in 4 victims of illegal gas work hired the worker following a friend’s recommendation and 1 in 4 found them through an advert, wrongly assuming they were registered. In all cases the householder did not check the credentials of the worker before the work was carried out – you should always check the official Gas Safe Register. (2016 research)
• Although there is awareness that gas appliances need to be safety checked annually, 43% of Britons don’t do it, and 10% have gas appliances which have never been checked (2011 research).
• Have your gas appliances checked every year, by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
• Check for warning signs on or around gas appliances (like soot or staining, excess condensation, lazy yellow flames, intermittent pilot light).
• Don’t DIY or use an illegal gas worker. If they’re not on the Gas Safe Register, they’re working illegally and could be putting you at risk.
• Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that you cannot see, smell or taste. Fit an audible CO alarm to alert you if it’s present.
30 Churchill Way, Cardiff CF10 2DZ / 02920 395563 / email@example.com
Thomas George is a trading name of Peter Alan Limited which is registered in England and Wales under company number 2073153, Registered Office is Cumbria House, 16-20 Hockliffe Street, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 1GN. VAT Registration Number is 500 2481 05.
For the activities of advising on regulated mortgages and non-investment insurance contracts, Peter Alan Limited is an appointed representative of Connells Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Connells Limited’s Financial Services Register number is 302221.
© 2017 Thomas George. All rights reserved. Powered by Homeflow